It all started with a Spark. A spark of an idea to build a special kind of gathering place.
It started almost a century ago, when Russian logger Ivan Sesow built the Wonder View Log Pavilion as a roadside dance hall. With its infamous “sin cabins” and bootleg liquor, the 1924 roadhouse earned a rowdy reputation. In 1938, the Parrish and deSchweinitz families acquired the property, dubbing it Johnny Seesaw’s as a nod to its founder and developing it as one of the area’s first ski lodges. Countless patrons, parties, fireside chats and wild nights later, the inn still celebrates all things Vermont in the same convivial spirit.
“We strive for the new Seesaw’s Lodge to be a place where individuals, couples and families gather to appreciate the beauty of Southern Vermont throughout the seasons and where they can return year after to year to continue long standing traditions and establish new ones.”
– The Seesaw’s Team